Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This Concerns Me

I have a blog I really enjoy reading in my list of favorites to the right of this column.
It's called, 2012 The big wobble.
This story appeared there today. The headline is "Billions of dead starfish, crabs and other small sea life washing up on the Dutch coast".
There is a short movie posted by the author as he lives in Holland.
He said him and his wife walked for 3 1/2 hours and seen the same sight. All along the shore.
I don't know why this particular event is bothering me so much, but it is.
I am not one to fear things easily, but this really bothers me. I guess maybe this is the dead canary in the coal mine event for me. When these mass die offs, or mass beachings happen, it shows me the ocean is dealing with some sort of stress. I am very concerned, have we just gone too far with things on this planet?

No comments:

Post a Comment